Are you, or someone you know, uncertain of what to do about Medicare? Even if you are currently enrolled, did you know that you have an option to change your Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage or your Prescription plan enrollment once a year? The Leist Group is pleased to offer a series of educational workshops at our office on "Managing Health Care Expenses in Retirement: What Baby Boomers Need to Know About Medicare and Long-Term Care" over the course of the next few weeks:
- Tuesday, November 1st at 10:30am (refreshments provided)
- Thursday, November 3rd at 6:00pm (heavy hors d’oeuvres provided)
- Tuesday, November 8th at 12:00pm (lunch provided)
- Thursday, November 10th at 6:00pm (heavy hors d’oeuvres provided)
- Tuesday, November 15th at 2:30pm (refreshments provided)
- Wednesday, November 16th at 6:00pm (heavy hors d’oeuvres provided)
- Thursday, November 17th at 6:00pm (heavy hors d’oeuvres provided)
Did you know that fifty-seven percent of baby boomers said they had a "poor understanding" (31%) or know "almost nothing" (26%) about Medicare, according to a recent survey by Bankers Trust? Three-quarters of boomers (72%) did not know that most Americans on Medicare pay premiums, copays, and deductibles. One in seven thought Medicare was free. Only 14% knew that Medicare does not cover long-term care.
A health care crisis is looming in this country, and it is essential for baby boomers to understand what they need to do to prepare for it financially.
This educational workshop will cover the following:
- How Medicare enrollment periods work — and what you need to do to avoid late-enrollment penalties
- How much you can expect to pay in health care costs after going onto Medicare
- How Medicare works with private insurance to provide comprehensive coverage
- Why most people pay too much for private insurance and how you can avoid excess costs
- Why you must plan for higher health care costs in retirement — including the possibility of needing long-term care
This workshop is strictly educational. No specific insurance or investment products will be discussed.
Seating is limited and reservations are required. Individuals may reserve their spot by contacting Clayton Tyree at (262) 796-0030 or by email at Ctyree@taxandira.com
Please let Clay how many will be attending in your party when you call to reserve your space.